Saturday, February 2, 2008

My graphic design work

These are the projects I have been worked on in my digital imaging class. I have to do a lab on Tuesday doing all the effects using just one photo. Thursdays' assignments are doing the same effects practiced on Tuesday but on many photos with a connected theme. I hope you enjoy my amateur efforts.
(Above: This is consists of six different effects. Starting from the top left: the guitar has a double glow; top right: The baby's head has been moved in front of the type; middle left: The picture of the girls is inserted into the picture of the computer, as well as being the background; middle right: the guitar has a fade away reflection; bottom left: (disclaimer: the bottle is not my picture) The product is used as the background as well as the focal point; bottom right: I blended my photo into a black background at the bottom.)
(Above is a lab for shadows. Top left: cast shadow; top right: a post-it note; bottom left: a polaroid effect; bottom right: a soft lighting effect)

(Above is another lab. Top: I added a brushed metal effect on the bottom; Middle: Photo tinting; bottom left: I added a different reflection to the sunglasses; bottom right: I added a different pattern to the car seat)
(Above: This is a lab for a dvd menu. There is pattern that I made with the paws. I tinted the photo. I added depth using glow and drop shadows. I then I made a vignette.)

(Above is the assignment that uses the same effects as the sunglasses lab; Brushed metal, tinting, reflections and a pattern overlay. The pattern overlay is hard to see because it is on the baby's car seat.)

3 comments:

J and A said...

Looks like you covered a lot of material in your digital imaging class. I'm drawn to the projects where your text and image(s) show a lot of interaction. The great thing about clipping out images is that you can control the content--I think you could find a way to remove the left arm of your pumpkin-pie eater (only in the image, of course) so it was not distracting from the eating focus. Go big with your type and keep creating! Fun stuff.

Gramma Connelly said...

Meg, This is my first chance to see your work. It will help me understand the images, if you try to add a little text to say what you are doing, using which applications. You are way talented! Love. Dad

Gramma Connelly said...

That's what I'm talking about! Thanks for giving us a guided tour. Much easier to appreciate your hard work. The other thing that would help me is knowing which program/application you are using. Mahalo, Dad