Friday, November 30, 2007

A cold night in Dover


Last night for my photography class, we went for an outing in Dover to do a little street shooting. These are some of my better pictures that I got. They were taken with great physical cost to myself as I didn't have any socks and my toes were big blocks of ice by the time we came inside. I did have a lot of fun, despite the cold, with the long exposure times that were necessary to get these shots of the cars and the water. I hope you enjoy them too.



5 comments:

deborah_kaye said...

I LOVE this one Megan! Thanks for sharing these!!

deborah_kaye said...

on the street scene photo, what was your shutter speed? you did a great job on that one especially. awesome!

Happy Hammaris said...

I think the shutter speed was about 3 to 5 seconds or so. The ones of the water were around 10 to 15 second exposures each.

Gramma Connelly said...

My favorite is the last one of the rushing water. I know that this is difficult to get because you need a steady tripod and hand plus nothing else in the frame can move. Did you bracket? Shots like this by a stream during the day are favorites of calendar makers. I also liked the first shot of the car lights. Well framed! Good job. A little Dad advice-- For the rest of the winter there it would seem like socks would be deriguer when you go outside.

amanda said...

get shots meg. as for me socks are over rated. if there is no snow on the side walks i were open toed shoes. i love it.